Volunteer for the National Sexual Assault Hotline or in Your Community
Volunteer in Your Community
Local sexual assault service providers answer calls placed to the National Sexual Assault Hotline 24/7, and offer critical support to survivors and their loved ones in their communities. These local providers are often looking for volunteer staff to perform a range of functions from administrative support, to communitiy organizing, to answering hotline calls. Search for opportunities in your area.
Volunteer for the web-based Online Hotline
The National Sexual Assault Online Hotline, operated by RAINN, provides live, secure, anonymous crisis support to the growing number of people who prefer communicating online through a simple instant message format—giving those affected by sexual assault a safe place to turn to talk about what happened.
As a trained volunteer you can:
- Provide much-needed support to victims of sexual assault and their friends and family members
- Work from the comfort of your own home
- Work shifts can be as short as one hour
- Interact with experts and connect with other volunteers who care about this issue
- Fill out our application (in its entirety) form and choose a training class in Washington, DC or New York City.
- Once accepted, complete an Online Hotline training course facilitated by RAINN (includes a combination of online and in-person training).
- Complete a background check (conducted by RAINN at no cost to you).
- Be on time for shifts that you schedule yourself using the Online Hotline website.
Next New York City Session: October 23-24, 2016. No longer accepting applications.
Next DC Session: January 28-29, 2017. Deadline for application: December 2, 2016.