Funding to Support Survivors and Prosecute Rapists
Congress is considering the federal budget for Fiscal Year 2017. Help us ensure that programs which have been proven to reduce sexual violence, hold rapists accountable, and help survivors heal, are funded.
Making a call to your member of Congress? Here are talking points you can customize:
- My name is [YOUR NAME] and I am a constituent.
- I’m calling to ask the [REP./SENATOR] to help ensure programs that reduce sexual violence and provide assistance to victims are adequately funded.
- To achieve this, the 2017 federal budget must include adequate funding for programs, including VOCA state assistance grants and programs to address the rape kit backlog.
- This matters to me because [YOUR REASON].
- Thank you for your time. I’ll be watching for the member’s support for funding that meets the needs of victims of sexual violence and holds perpetrators accountable.