Social Media Internship
The Social Media Intern works with the Online Communications Manager to write content and develop social media campaigns. College students with a commitment to ending sexual violence and helping victims of sexual assault are encouraged to apply.
Deadline for Spring Internship: November 15
Deadline for Summer Internship: April 15
Deadline for Fall Internship: August 15
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as a point of contact for multiple social networking sites and participants
- Community, organizational and university outreach
- Assist Communications staff in drafting postings, emails and other outreach materials
- Develop innovative ideas for how to best engage our social networking site followers / members / fans
- Volunteer recruitment
- Research up-and-coming social network services
- Sub-focus in online marketing
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must possess an understanding of the issue of sexual violence and have a passion to end it
- Preferred but not required knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest
- Strong Communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong organizational skills
- An understanding of new trends in social media
This is an unpaid, part-time position.
RAINN employees will work with the student and university to ensure college credit is given for the internship.
Please send resume, cover letter, social media writing samples, and accounts managed along with desired days/hours to Sara McGovern at firstname.lastname@example.org.