Victim Services Internships
RAINN seeks research interns to support the evaluation and analysis work within the Victim Services Department. Successful candidates would gain applied research experience and build expertise in the area of sexual violence and delivery of hotline services to victims.
Duties will be commensurate with interns’ interests, skills, and individual professional development goals. Internship activities may include:
- Analyzing feedback from hotline users, including quantitative and qualitative data
- Assisting with evaluation reports, graphics, and presentations
- Contributing to training that will enhance the quality of evaluation data
- Assisting with data management
- Literature searches
Both undergraduate and graduate students with an interest in the area of sexual violence are encouraged to apply.
- Pass a criminal background check (administered by RAINN)
- Possess strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Completed at least one undergraduate statistics and/or research methods course
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and/or SPSS
This is a part-time, unpaid internship. Interns must be able to dedicate 10 hours per week for at least one semester (two semesters preferred).
If you have any questions, you may contact:
Kimberly Goodman, Ph.D.
Analysis and Evaluation Specialist
How to Apply:
Please e-mail the following materials to email@example.com:
(1) A cover letter stating:
- Why you are interested in interning at RAINN.
- A description of your research skills and experience. Please be sure to mention any statistical analysis/research methods training, as well as software skills (e.g., SPSS, Excel).
(2) Your CV or resume.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Thank you for your interest!