Volunteer for the Hotlines
Volunteer for the web-based Online Hotline
The National Sexual Assault Online Hotline, operated by RAINN, provides live, secure, anonymous crisis support to the growing number of people who prefer communicating online through a simple instant message interface — giving those affected by sexual assault a safe place to turn when they can't find their voice.
It's easy to help!
- Provide much-needed support to victims of sexual assault and their friends and family members.
- Work from the comfort of your own home.
- Shifts can be as short as one hour.
- Interact with experts and connect with other volunteers who care about this issue.
- Complete an Online Hotline training course facilitated by RAINN (includes a combination of online and in-person training).
- Complete a background check (conducted by RAINN at no cost to you).
- Be on time for shifts that you schedule yourself using the Online Hotline website.
To learn more, take a tour of the Online Hotline.
Interested in being an Online Hotline volunteer? Fill out our application form and choose a training class in your area.
Volunteer to staff the phone hotline for your local rape crisis center
Local rape crisis centers operate the National Sexual Assault Hotline and are always looking for dedicated, caring individuals to volunteer. Opportunities include supporting hotline callers, accompanying victims to the hospital, serving as a victim advocate in court proceedings, and providing rape crisis center administrative/office support.
Have questions about volunteering? Email email@example.com, for answers.