Development Department Internships
RAINN 'EM IN Social Media and Event Intern
RAINN is currently seeking a Social Media and Event Intern for the 3rd annual RAINN 'EM IN event. RAINN 'EM IN is an event created by supporter Jennifer Shipe with the goal of using fun and community to encourage dialogue and empower survivors. RAINN 'EM IN is a unique relay race where teams bounce on inflatable horses to the finish line to raise awareness and funds for RAINN. This internship is based out of Seattle, WA.
RAINN is seeking a qualified intern to work within and contribute to our Development team. The position will be part-time or full-time and is unpaid. Academic credit can be arranged. The internship spans a range of responsibilities in the Development department including managing and cultivating relationships with donors, maintaining records, contributing to research projects, and coordinating with volunteers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in donor stewardship
- Communicate with current and prospective donors
- Help maintain and update databases
- Assist Development staff in drafting fundraising emails
- Assist Development staff in event planning and coordination
- Research projects and initiatives for the Development team
- Perform general administrative duties to assist RAINN Development staff
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong research skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience working with databases a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Discretion when dealing with sensitive issues and information
- An understanding of RAINN's programs and interest in its mission
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Jordan Jones at email@example.com, subject line: Intern Resume. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.